Welcome to AUSI
Australian Underwater Scuba Instructors (AUSI) was established in 1994 and is an internationally recognised certification agency. AUSI’s goal is to provide the diving industry with affordable, quality education services aimed at ensuring that trainee divers and instructors receive the highest quality diver eduction.
AUSI provides standards, course notes and teaching guidelines for both scuba and snorkel trainees. AUSI Standards meet appropriate International and Australian Standards and Codes of Practice, where relevant.
In line with our goals, AUSI has developed a unique open–licence approach which is dynamic and ever-evolving; AUSI not only welcomes input from its users but acts on it to improve. Access to the AUSI Open-Licence System is free; all you have to do is register.
The AUSI Scuba Training System includes:
- Resort Scuba Diving,
- Six levels of formal scuba training:
- Supervised open water diver (Level I),
- International Open Water (Level II),
- Advanced Diver (Level III),
- Deep Diver (Level IV),
- Master Diver (Level V), and
- Dive Master (Level VI & Level VI Pro),
- Many specialties including Rescue Diver, and
- Eight levels of scuba instructor from Level I – Resort Scuba Instructor to Level VIII -Instructor Examiner.
The AUSI Snorkel System is autonomous from the AUSI Scuba System and divers do not have to follow a scuba education and qualification pathway to become snorkel professionals.
The AUSI Snorkel Training System includes:
- Snorkel Swimming,
- Snorkel Diving,
- Free Diving,
- Snorkel Guide,
- Snorkel Diver Instructor, and
- Snorkel Diver Instructor Trainer.
AUSI offers training facilities and instructors many benefits including:
- Free* facility registration and no on-going annual fee,
- Free* professional cross-overs and no on-going annual fee,
- Free* professional registration and no on-going annual fee
- Ability to use non-AUSI instructors,
- No fee introductory (resort) dives,
- Very competitive student training packages,
- In-store certification,
- Independence – Dive Schools and Associations can develop their own image by utilising AUSI’s services and products so they can issue their own home branded course notes and certification cards, and
- Competitive insurance via our brokers.
AUSI has three levels of facility registration based on the facility’s level of expertise. They are:
- AUSI Adventure Facility,
- AUSI Training Facility, and
- AUSI Academy.
AUSI is proud of the personalised service it provides our operators and instructors and invites you to join our International AUSI Team.
Accessing AUSI Files
To access most AUSI Files including course notes, support and diver information, you must register. Registration is free.
*Terms & conditions apply